Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Orthopedics-Roanoke Rapids, located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina are seeking a BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon to join their established practice. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges at Vidant North Hospital
- Growing 8-hospital healthcare system including a 974-bed level 1 trauma center located in Greenville, North Carolina
- Opportunity available due to practice expansion
- Established practice with 2 surgeons and 2 Physician Assistants
- Designated inpatient orthopedic unit
- On-site radiology and physical therapy
- Built in referral network
- Shared call
- Strong support by large orthopedic trauma team at Vidant Medical Center
- Full spectrum of specialty care support including cardiology, nephrology, general surgery, urology, infectious disease and psychiatry
- Conveniently located on Interstate 95 1 ½ hrs from Richmond, Virginia and 1 ½ hrs from the Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill)
- Close proximity to beautiful Lake Gaston
- Affordable cost of living
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual Administrative Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
Vidant North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Across eastern North Carolina, Vidant’s system of care includes 1,708 beds across an academic medical center with two campuses, affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University; seven community hospitals; and numerous outpatient facilities, home health, hospice and wellness centers. Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group, offers access to more than 500 providers in 100+ practice locations. Visit www.vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
Location/Region: Roanoke Rapids, NC (27870)