Vidant Medical Group and Vidant North Hospital are currently seeking a board eligible or board certified general surgeon to join an established practice in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant North Hospital, a 204-bed community hospital
- Ability to live near or on Lake Gaston, a beautiful lakefront community with close proximity to Roanoke Rapids, NC
- Established practice with 3 surgeons
- Ideal candidate will perform bread and butter general surgery
- Shared call
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical responsibilities
- Built in referral network
- Excellent compensation and benefits including base salary and bonus structure
- Potential for resident/fellow stipend
- Relocation assistance
Vidant North Hospital
Vidant North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
Across eastern North Carolina, Vidant’s system of care includes 1,708 beds across an academic medical center with two campuses, affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University; seven community hospitals; and numerous outpatient facilities, home health, hospice and wellness centers. Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group, offers access to more than 500 providers in 100+ practice locations.For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.comNorth Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high-ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
Location/Region: Roanoke Rapids, NC (27870)