General Purpose: Provides oversight of the care/services furnished by employees to Interim HealthCare patients and clients.
Collaborates with the Director of Health Care Services (DHCS) to develop and implement processes to ensure the efficient and effective achievement of patient/client outcomes in accordance with physician orders, applicable law and regulations, accepted standards of clinical practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures. Essential Functions:
* Supervises, evaluates, motivates and paraprofessional employees.
* Follows accepted standards of clinical practice.
* Uses clinical decision making to provide oversight and guidance to the healthcare team to efficiently and effectively manage the assigned patient population.
* Contributes to business growth by presenting information, education and support to external customers as requested.
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* May have access to personal health information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed to practice as an RN in the state in which employed. License is active and in good standing.
* Prefer at least two (2) years of experience as a home care RN and at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, in accordance with office policy.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance in accordance with office policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient/client.
* Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient/client.
* Able to perform CPR. * Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software as applicable.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on office’s needs and scheduling.
* Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist patients/clients with standing and walking.
* Able to lift, reposition, and transfer patients/clients.
* Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
* Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations..
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
* Work is normally performed in a variety of settings including the office, patient’s/client’s home
* Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials, and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e.
manipulate pen, knobs or objects. * Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
* Able to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as needed.
Location/Region: Gaston, NC (27832)