ECU Health and ECU Health North Hospital located in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina are seeking an experienced BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Nocturnist Hospitalist to join their established hospitalist program. New graduates will be considered.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health North Hospital, a 204-bed community hospital
- Support by a 8-hospital healthcare system including a 974-bed level 1 trauma center located in Greenville, North Carolina
- Fully staffed at 11 physicians
- Full spectrum of specialty care support including Cardiology, Orthopedics, Nephrology, General Surgery, Urology, Infectious Disease and Psychiatry
- 7on/7off schedule, 7p-7a
- Average nightly admissions are 3-9
- Management of vent patients in ICU is required but procedures are optional
- Experienced/long-term nursing staff
- Conveniently located on Interstate 95 1 ½ hrs from Richmond, Virginia and 1 ½ hrs from the Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill)
- Ability to live on beautiful Lake Gaston, a beautiful lakefront community with close proximity to Roanoke Rapids, NC
- Affordable cost of living
- Close proximity to NC and VA beaches and outdoor activities
- Check out our excellent work / life balance video – here
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual Administrative Stipend, Potential for resident stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
ECU Health North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
Vidant Health is becoming ECU Health!
While our name change is official, the rebranding process will take several months to complete. Please note that during this transition period, you may see both brands represented in various places—online, in job postings, in the communication you receive, etc.
Location/Region: Roanoke Rapids, NC (27870)